PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Is a course aligning boat possible with GPS?

cohesive
3.June.2016, 06:16
Well is it? I see the logs showing the coordinates and course of the boat so could not a replay of the plotted course be applied to a autonomous control set ?

elims
3.June.2016, 20:27
In principle this should be possible. Have a look here: http://hackaday.com/2015/06/01/simple-autonomy-with-an-rc-boat/ However judging from the video this is far from being a simple task. You will need to do a lot of programming and experimenting.

On big cargo ships this is done as well. But I don't think there is a out-of-the-box solution for RC boats.

cohesive
3.June.2016, 20:36
Thanks for the link and discussion elims. Give me time to digest and I will return with thoughts.

Hubert

Genesis1983
4.June.2016, 09:35
Why do you want to drive a boat automatically? There“s no fun at all.......

Ch.Lucas
4.June.2016, 11:19
Hi,
mit der Software aus den Quadrocoppterdrohnen sollten auch Boote problemlos Autonom verher einstellbare Wegpunkte abfahren können . Hier ein Segelboot das über den Atlantik navigieren soll. Interesant wäre eine Elektronik die zb. Bojen erfast und bei einem Rennen den Booten garnicht erlaubt innerhalb des Kurses zu gelangen ,quasi ein Elektronischer Zaun . Aber fahren macht nur mit Funke in der Hand Spaß.

cohesive
4.June.2016, 15:34
In principle this should be possible. Have a look here: http://hackaday.com/2015/06/01/simple-autonomy-with-an-rc-boat/ However judging from the video this is far from being a simple task. You will need to do a lot of programming and experimenting.

On big cargo ships this is done as well. But I don't think there is a out-of-the-box solution for RC boats.

Hi again elims,

Looks like a very fun project with many application besides oval boat racing to me. I'm sure it was fun to bring such a concept to reality vs. dreaming at the keyboard all day :)

elims
5.June.2016, 21:50
As mentioned by Christian hijacking a controller board for quadcopter would probably be the most viable solution. There are some very capable boards with GPS, 32-bit µC's and IMU available. If they have an open source firmware this would be a natural starting point for hacking.

What applications do you have in mind?

cohesive
6.June.2016, 02:16
I doubt I would hack such a thing. I already have in possession many mCU's that would suffice if I chose to have such fun. With all the regulation coming in the US about quad copters I think I pass on anything to use from it. Just a toy I don't have time to report a toy to my government. What a hassle.. Don't know the exact governing laws but if I don't involve previously built quad circuity at all I figure no worries. I'm sure parallax forums or microchip has something to follow along the lines of source code. Just an idea that crossed my mind and I was curious had anyone ever tried and had success with a model boat. So we see with your post It is possible, and the quest to get there and succeed was fun and equally gratifying for the modeler I'm sure. Always fun to live outside the tunnel.

Ch.Lucas
6.June.2016, 05:16
Hi,
but this will worke only for a single boat on the course . Now you need a camerasystem to see all the other boats ,as you want not to crash the other . Maybe the automotiv industry is still working on such system . Current system are a bit havey for modelboats . You can hack a Tesla or Volvo or other cars that can run autonomus .Maybe you can aske Assending Technologies ,they can operate up to 100 and moore quadrocopter in the air simultan ,not crash . They make good mony when the sell the know how to INTEL last year,dezember . https://youtu.be/teQwViKMnxw .

Happy Amps Christian

cohesive
6.June.2016, 06:22
Quite naturally for some applications :laugh:
Is your application oval racing?If so no need to hack volvo or tesla I think as obstacle avoidance camera recognition has already been done on a much smaller scale. It would be illegal I'm sure totally autonomous driving in IMPBA heat racing. If not it would be soon after the first success if there ever was. Doubt any brass here would stand for that. Not to mention observing legal pass rules.Many variables that would require a bit more than just obstacle avoidance. Such specific coding would require lots of free time from it's oval racing application theorist. :)

Hubert

Ch.Lucas
6.June.2016, 06:26
Hi,
yes , it is easy to set the waypoints for ovalracing , https://youtu.be/2T4mw5Qe4jE ,they can set 3d .So all inovation is still done .

Happy Amps Christian

cohesive
6.June.2016, 06:46
Yes already in a smaller package than volvo (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeK-wg8Oqt8) or tesla right? :) Wonder how much time they had to spend to get it to work. Give it a go. Would be an interesting build to actually see.....

God Bless
Hubert

Ch.Lucas
6.June.2016, 11:28
Hi,
they use about since 2007 when tehy start assending technologie http://www.asctec.de/en/ascending-technologies/company/ . But they begun much earlyer comepeting the Jugend Forscht prize at the end of the highschool /2002 .The life very close to me and we are continius in good contact. Last year i visite them with old helicopter designer Götz Heidelberg ,he was assistent by Prof.Focke founder of the first realy manuverable helicopters as we designed a 400 kw quadrocopter in the past and maybe we will see such as a podracer for human in the futur .
I you want to do something ,think about the way a one eye person can drive a car or fly a helicopter in 3d only use this one eye to track the position to everything outdside. Ok most have also ear to hear ,that helps .

Happy Amps Christian

cohesive
6.June.2016, 15:21
Too bad he isn't actually here to give his experience with some profound use able detail but as any ear and eye can see there will be no 400kw quadcopters here without government involvement so the fun is already over in the USA.

Good luck on bringing your wonderful oval race concept to reality Christian. Plenty of free time a side from enjoying your royalty money and gran turismo :)

@Elims, a practical usage for me would be a barge with rotating kort nozzles that keeps a Race Clock/lap counter in the middle of the course with no anchor....

TTYL
Hubert

Ch.Lucas
6.June.2016, 20:13
Hi Hugh,
tuning an old Volvomotor up to 6-700 horses and than build it in a old car . Wy not drive a alternator that feed 4 electricmotors with propellers and take place to fly it. You can use the tinny electronik from modelquadrocopter . No need of a Goverment You are well educated and intelligent man .
And it was not my quest to run a ovalboat this way . I like to have a transmitter in my hands.

cohesive
6.June.2016, 21:29
Because it's much more fun to watch rich ass holes faces when people pass their high dollar Fiat dreams in old "family" cars.:DI think you will need four props to really fly in that. Whose quest was it you were making the suggestions for? It doesn't require much intelligence to buy something off the shelf..... the point of government has nothing to do with help but rather FCC regulations.. Never Judge a book by its cover. All that glitters isn't gold.
http://www.swedespeed.com/news/uploads/volvo/sema_amazon.jpg
http://www.swedespeed.com/news/uploads/volvo/007__scaled_600_019.jpg

When is the last time you held a transmitter to run a boat anyway I was under the impression you had keyboard control.....try ASP NET :laugh:

Hubert

Ch.Lucas
7.June.2016, 05:13
Yes Hugh,
and the next corner comes and handling plays the rule . 51:49 waight on axles and topspeed not only for a short dragstrip . Ok , no problem for you as anytime and anywhere you are the Winner .But i know that your car looks not like the car on the pic and your motor is something moore like a big building event ,ready in 10,20 years . What about your saw boat project ? nothing we see only crying loud ?
By the way : sunday i was flying quadrocopter and yesterday i was boating with my youngest son . You hear to much talk from man how do not know me . But that is all you are able . So,end of tread and conversation all sayed.

cohesive
7.June.2016, 05:56
Which volvo have you seen I own 5 OOPS! And my motor in the photos you've actually seen was put together By THOFF IN RALEIGH NC over ten years ago Ask for Billy.That was for my 245 btw not my '72 242 flathood which is highly sought after over there..... So no you have no idea what you're talking about. 51:49 huh? The balance is thrown off once you add the big bubble to it....

My daily driver you've never seen till now. Did you think I was lying about needing that valence? make yourself useful and type a letter to HEICO SPORTIV to get me those parts I need. AWD V8 this is just one of my volvo cars. Stck to what you know which is not whats going on in my driveway :jaw:

http://www.rc-raceboats.de/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=86239&stc=1

Im sure you'd need a few corners to catch up after the first 60 feet. But the finish line is always in a straight. Try SAM for learning as you clearly have little experience with turbo bricks or the handling available. I have a friend In Seattle Wa. maybe you should look him up. A guru with road racing setups... Plus the AWD is not too old or boo's AMG :klop:.

My saw boat has been ready u know this what are you talking about. All it needs is batteries :laugh: with no kids development excuses. And yours well maybe before 2020....it just in its infant stages it's appears and you look for mine? You're right Not much to have a conversation about. Never was so stop while you're ahead because all you truly have time for is typing it seems.

Is it going to be this or the paddle wheel boat.....

http://www.rc-raceboats.de/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=86238&stc=1
Good luck I have much more important things to do than battle with your theory.Time you carry some of it out versus everyone else doing it for you win lose or draw. Actually working on your child while you do nothing but continue to type in a million places and hide in others....

Hubert

cohesive
7.June.2016, 18:19
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/283472090_Ultra-light-weight_high_torque_density_brushless_PM_machine_de sign_Considering_driving-cycle_of_a_four-
wheel_drive_race_car (https://www.researchgate.net/publication/283472090_Ultra-light-weight_high_torque_density_brushless_PM_machine_de sign_Considering_driving-cycle_of_a_four-wheel_drive_race_car)

http://universityracing.tue.nl/assets/images/cars/URE11-onthulling.jpg
On the wall. I'm a machinist and engineer Chris you need people like me, Lehner, Okon, University students, etc........to make real your concepts. Alot more to a final product than kitchen sketches in your socks and novel ideas. Best you behave yourself because you know I don't need you for anything I do.Almost 60 still acting like a kid. Let me go and I promise ya I wont fall far. Prototypes are coming including 3 tooths and when they do just you stay away......:p I think I will have new friend 3d print the rhombic sliding mandrel I SHOWED YOU! Keep watching from the shadows don't you dare come out when complete to receive praise there will be none. A brushless volvo may be a great idea. Thanks.....:)

Ch.Lucas
8.June.2016, 05:13
Hi,
big misunderstod, i need not you , i am not asking you to do it . YOU are asking me how to do . That is a very big differnt .i will only give you very simple advise not moore as i am still working together with ,fist my friend Hans Lehner and Company Magnet Motor GmbH . So no wonder that when it comes to a closer look and you and your friends want to know inside details i stop information . No one has to know how Lehner is doing the high pressed coils and how to design a noval statordesign we currently do at MM . Very easy to understand . Do what you want and don't tell me what i need . And about my boats ,i told everyone that i do not come to competition still my children grow up . I spend a lot of time with them and when the time is right i will come back . By By

Ch.Lucas
8.June.2016, 10:04
http://www.gizmag.com/solar-voyager-autonomous-boat-atlantic/43738/?utm_source=Gizmag+Subscribers&utm_campaign=52e1d0648e-UA-2235360-4&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_65b67362bd-52e1d0648e-89915054

cohesive
8.June.2016, 10:59
I'm not asking u a thing. Its a know fact what u do and how u are . Its the same thing with everyone.. Try chris.... no results. Get up off the keyboard and build something tangible that works on a model boat in this decade..... If you ran sunday with your kids what time you need with them before you build an actual boat .

And it is spelled " bye"

If I needed you for anything I wouldn't tell you get lost and enjoy your kitchen drawings and piece of balsa.

WHAT A JOKE.....on Lehners coat tails.

Let me help you with your reality. Ur on several forums right now speaking similar trash on okon whos tried some of your great idea and guess what? No cigar. Is this why he dispelled you from powercroco or why you needed him to wind an out runner for you saw boat we've been waiting on a long time?Now hes dumb too right? right!You even recommended his wind style to me thats fact I have every email saved on you. I have a folder "Christian Lucas" Or perhaps all the haters emails I get from about the Jags team or how my words are coming from JORG and others here. Just yesterday......:jaw: I don't even know this man never talked to him. So your quite delusional. My words from on you come directly from my experience with you. Who are these other people and why would they feel the same as I do about you and your actions? You are two faced an a liar and get missing when your scared your ideas will fail plain and simple.You posted a dyno to me as yours that didn't even belong to you.Very honorable that you failed to tell me LOL. The reason you are absent in the motor thread is to remove yourself from the possible failure of your own child. Isn't it you that writes you don't speak here because of the possible scrutiny you dont have time for? That's another quote from you I guess has slipped your mind. Well you're certainly not very visible there but quite seen here. I think that's proof enuf. Your helping me..... is this why you wrote me and ask me my thoughts on the 6 s boat taking the record? or were you just hating on someone elses boat again while you have a piece of balsa and scribed lines? Christian grow up old man and spare us until that faithful day.... And please stop writing me emails about Okon or the Jorg as I don't know them.But I'm sure the problems they have with you are similar. Try your ideas or wont which equals major malfunction! Maybe you should have model motors build your dreams vs seeking skilled outspoken people such as myself, that stand front and center, to do so since we know you're no machinist or metallurgist! Stop hiding in the shadows and stand by yourself win lose or draw. No one has ever asked you about his pressed wire those are post you freely decide to spew everywhere about another mans motors. When it gets thick it always goes back to what lehners doing never about Christian Lucas motor company non existent because he cant manufacture anything himself unless he can use glue rubber bands and tape to put it together......

BEING TRUE TO YOURSELF IS BETTER THAN BEING A LIAR TO IMPRESS EVERYONE.

Goodbye and please no more asking me through email if I really want to do this. Yes I want to be rid of you. It is official and believe me when I say I do not need you or your multi faceted friendship. Watch how far I fall......:)

YOU NEVER HAVE TIME BUT KILL THE KEYBOARD IN A MILLION PLACES DAILY PULLING JUST ABOUT EVERY MOTOR THREAD OFF TOPIC WITH NO SPECIFICS. GUESS THATS ALL YOU HAVE TIME FOR IS TYPING.....:hi5:

NO MISUNDERSTANDING YOU'RE WORTHLESS TO ME.

BTW the emails have been forwarded just for times like this so please lie people are here watching and know the truth HOMIE..... :klop:

I think were way beyond autonomous boats at this point. See you don't live in reality. You came here an ruined the thread with more of you conceptual bullshit based on others work not your own.You can only post a link.No specifics. A major problem for you. Never asked for you here. Elim's posts sufficed..... You congratulate yourself on a success as if youve taken the quadcopter put it in the boat and showed us it works....

NUTZ!

The best indicator of my friendship vs. yours is clearly seen in a thread right here on this forum in which I wished you happy birthday and not a single thank you or reply PUBLICLY but private LOL . Mine was the 21st of may. Not one word public or private from you. You have never been a real friend you just needed a person with balls to fight your online vendor battles. Took some time to see but the writing is on the wall.

Ch.Lucas
8.June.2016, 13:36
So now all know wy you are banned by most american and other forum in the world . Jim Allen and other from Intlwaters told me not to get in contact with you . They are right . I am not a lier , i had this teststand allso and i gave it away to Gerd Giese ,everyone can aske him ,so he can messure motor for rc-networke. The reason for the wrong pic was only that i had no pic of my testdyno so i tryed the pic from the dyno that Jörg Marschal build for R.Okon.My dyno look very similar as i am in good contact to J.Marschal and he asked me somthing about dynos . There is nothing secret at all dynos run most in a similar way . The true is that Lehner is the only one how use my input and all worke well . Allso Okon has done right and i hav a long time influence the design of the Scorpion Motors , you can aske George van Gansen direct . You are writing a lot of bullshit . You are banned by how many forums ? Rcgroups, intelwaters , Modelpowerboat, French forum aske Camille and yes Camille get his sintered propellers ,and the list will not end . You are the two faced man showing nothing and failed all time . You show me videos of your boat that show a white man driving it but no you tell me you are a black man ,Lier ? What are you ? By By .

cohesive
8.June.2016, 13:38
Poor chris you just sent a letter yesterday that Jim said how intelligent I was. same fowarded mail too :). Just more 2 faced action from you.So now those readers can really see who u are.... They don't have to ban you they just ignore you!!!! Wake up we dont need sintered props from christian to set records using Virgil Johnson's An american's prop work not christian lucas. Jim cares very little for you and was the first to ask me do i really know what you're about. LOL

BTW Jim Scheafer ABC props has already told me he can make me the props if need be from cast not your incoherent dremel grinding with no line to compare.....:laugh: But he ask why do it.......

My props are prepared by Andy Brown and there on my boat not boards of balsa!

Take care your truly worthless. and live at a keyboard. I have things to do I dont live off wifey or royalty I actually have to earn my money.

Camille's boat? Wheres Christians?

Banned everywhere are you sure? and still continuously followed everywhere to by the same banners. A quarter million view on my boats last times last tally I took. How much has your sheet of balsa garnished? :)

Now Im a bad man coz I dont waste anymore time with you. Yeah that's how it usually goes. Just carry your own conceptual weight is the point. Nothing you post will change this. You're own your own with you theories and keyboarding.
The bottom line!

Ch.Lucas
8.June.2016, 13:56
Hi, yes you are inteligent man but you are angry to all people and the way you change you face and no one want you as a friend . He told me that when you start to contact me at Intelwaters just befor the banned you .
By the way the reason tha Okon placed me out of powercroco was that i stop supporting Okon and Scorpion because Hans Lehner start his Outrunner Motorline and he want allway to know how they are made. Scorpion is only building motor like the first version that i show 2000 in the electric fly mag in Germany ,no moore .
Hans ,you can close the tread ,it has nothing to do with true coming from Cohesiv or Hubert or Hugh Or Hargett and ..... .

cohesive
8.June.2016, 14:01
No im not intelligent wrong again.... because I wasted valuable time with your lies based on your emotions.......over so called friends like Okon that leave you and like estranged husband you just cant let go. Don't lie you wrote me first about large props on tunnels opposing the word of the record holder here. I didnt even know who you were and still dont! You look at your post here and talk about turning faces when angry. Well well well now isn't that the pot calling the kettle black. One things for sure im a consistent asshole. Not a flux-tuating one!!!!! or a peek a boo bandit. How could jim have told you such a thing and theres an entire 100000 veiwed thread I started with you and him both there after the fact? And with all that great advice you claim to have had why did you decide to continue on with me till now? Only because I've left you too am I a problem....:)

Yes close it before more truth about you comes out im sure...thats what you want.

I wont dignify totally inappropriate questions about my race in model boat forum. I'm American isnt that good enuf? Please produce such videos of my boat run by someone other than me.It will be impossible. Since you claim to be in contact with Jim someone I introduced you too, I'm sure he can answer your poignant questions about my race.

Now we begin to see who you are when people leave you.

And no okon kicked you out because you were being rude and disrespectful after he tried some of you ideas and reported they did not work! Kinda similar to what you're doing now. So you do admit you jump to where ever its safe and whomever will build based on your ideas so that's what you're selling not objective honesty. That's a start toward honesty. If i give you more rope u may continue to hang yourself. Please keep posting....

Thank you very much.
Case closed!!!!

Ch.Lucas
8.June.2016, 17:05
"No im not intelligent wrong again.... because I wasted valuable time with your lies based on your emotions.......over so called friends like Okon that leave you and like estranged husband you just cant let go. Don't lie you wrote me first about large props on tunnels opposing the word of the record holder here. I didnt even know who you were and still dont! You look at your post here and talk about turning faces when angry. Well well well now isn't that the pot calling the kettle black. One things for sure im a consistent asshole. Not a flux-tuating one!!!!! or a peek a boo bandit. How could jim have told you such a thing and theres an entire 100000 veiwed thread I started with you and him both there after the fact? And with all that great advice you claim to have had why did you decide to continue on with me till now? Only because I've left you too am I a problem....:) ."

You are a problem for everyone . And no ,not true Okon show me nothing that didn't worke ,if you know ,than show me what didn't worke . He dosn't want the open slot statordesign as if they come to production he need many expensiv tools to do a new wind . And such design need no rewind or tuning wind as they reach top copperfillfactor and reach the highest torque desity of any electricmotordesigns . That's the true . And i stop supporting him long befor he delet me from the forum . You know he delet hundred man from his forum befor me . So it lay in his person . He hold contact as long as you are important for him and if he see that you will not support him he cick you out . Also if you do not post for one month he cicks you out and many other things you can not do right for him .
Butt now much better as all the things Okon can not use do worke great for Lehner .
Do you want a List of American who like You ? Op's empty . There was a time i thought there will be no problem with you , but yes as you told us all here the true i you want to destroy other man and has done with many other in the past . See your fights again David Dwillfong . He can race boats ,you not . You show videos from other and told that are you ,but lie . The fluxpic at rcline you post today is allso not from you ,it's from Martin Goetzenberger .

And about big propellers . I stay for running big propellers since i do modelboating and this is since 1974 .Aske here Jörg Mirkwitschka ,we dicussed this often .
And no ,many start with Christian Lucas propellers because they start with Graupner Hydropropellers and stearable drives and many other things i have done for Graupner .
This is my last post here in this tread . All you wrote is wrong and not the true .

cohesive
8.June.2016, 17:10
Hi :)

Don't change posting topics now that you bring up race. Looks like your mouth has put you in a very precarious position online where everyone can see. Can't wait to see how you get out of this. No excuses about the kids, Okon or what Lehner does will suffice. How will you ever come back from this? I can remember the last time an "Aryan" questioned race and intelligence in the same sentence. The ripple was profound and tragic on a world scale, so perhaps it is you that has let your anger and frustration get the best of you?

A million apologies wouldn't be enough. What you now have created in me is a very capable adversary.

Don't ever forget this day. The point of no return!

This word "precarious" do you know it? It means you have fucked up.

Sincerely,
Hugh, Hubert, Xfactor, Cohesive,1BOHO.... etc.

Thank you god for leading me out of the darkness and into the light....

Goodbye and remember you will reap what you sew. I'm only going to be a problem for you!

http://www.powercroco.de/pcf2/270216-4.jpg

"in both cases the win is almost not meassurable (lower than the tolerance of the used meassurement instruments)."

~okon~

So I guess you never informed him of the necessary circumferential segments thickness at his operational speeds and skin depths..... at his speeds his rotor frequency much less than his stator makes your GENERAL ideas almost irrelevant! a wash just as hes posted. and its fact he kicked you off!!!! In your next diatribe please also include why my race is of any importance?????? Im sure this is the same reason Lehner didn't waste his time segmenting the 7050 slow turners as they really don't need it. Why waste money when larger gians can be made up elsewhere....

YOU SEE IT DID NOT WORK YOUR IDEA

BYE BYE!

cohesive
8.June.2016, 17:37
SPS stator same thing. "hugh dont invest so much money in stator i have not test drawing revision I sent you it may not work I have no time"

That's fact I have the email. Ill forward it too so again people know the guy you really are. But they already know. But look at the time you spend here doing this. The same reason u are very quite in the experts corner.

Man a waste of my time. Your nothing but a snake oil salesmen. A profiteer . That's why you think photos of your cars is so impressive!!!! Its your needed extension..... You havent run anything since the mid 80's but your mouth so you can basically shut up talking to me. Your speaking upon def ears 4 real...

cohesive
8.June.2016, 17:48
It doesn't matter what you say or post bad on me . I'm done listening to your ideas that you don't have time for because u play with the keyboard all day.

Accept it and move on!

Hans
8.June.2016, 18:38
Oups, I've read this too late, because I learned better to ignore monologue-topics.

So, it's urgently time to close here.

Hans