PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : hydro R8

jelle
29.August.2011, 15:57
can anyone direct me to threads regarding trimming and tuning of my hydro R8: Bang

Pompebled
29.August.2011, 17:23
Hey Jelle,

If your boat is the one in this thread:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3306118/anchors_3445150/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#3445150
I can help.

There has been a thread on this forum(RC-Raceboats) on modding this hull into a 'real' surface piercing Mono II set-up, the thread is called 'Trimmung', maybe you can dig it up, using the search function.

Regards, Jan.

jelle
29.August.2011, 17:59
thanks jan for your quick response
i have searced for trimmung but cant find related post`s but your link worked fine and it is this boat that i have got.
its my intention to gather so much info as possible before starting to mod the boat.
i have a speed 600 7,2v motor and a traxxas esc xl5.intent to start with a direct drive and a 35 to 40 prop. 8 cells?
regards jens

Pompebled
10.September.2011, 22:07
Hi Jens,

If you've read the thread in the link, you know the guys in Italy had overheating issues with a 600 motor in this size hull.

What modifications do you have in mind?

Making the boat quicker by changing the submerged prop to a surface piercing drive requires quite a lot of work and the result won't be what you'd expect; the hull is just too floppy to go a lot faster.

Reinforcing it with glasscloth and epoxy resin is possible, but also makes the already heavy hull even heavier.
Getting it up to speed would require a more powerful motor, a 700 motor on 4S (or 12 cells NiMH, nah, too heavy still), or an equivalent brushless motor on 4S lipo.

Granted, when you modify a plastic hull to a 'racemonster' you'll gain a lot of boatbuilding experience, but the boat will stil be considerably slower than an epoxy hull the same size.

Regards, Jan.

jelle
12.November.2011, 16:25
hello again
my modding plans with my hydro r8 took a little turn with a brushless motor and homemade gear.I filled the stern and sides with building foam taking out the floppiness of the hull and i guess that the boat is almost unsinkable .you can see the maiden trip here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSV07Xszg_Y

regards jens
thanks to jan for very useable input